- The highest quality Music Performance Assessments available in the nation and continual evaluation for the quality of the MPA experience
- Cultivating excellence of Florida music programs for all students
- Models for and tools to recognize best practices in excellent music programs
- Events sanctioned by F SMA shall be safe and fiscally responsible, provide equity in adjudication across the state, and provide student access to programs.
Vision and Mission Statements
- The membership of the Florida School Music Association believes that music allows us to celebrate and preserve our national and historical heritages, and also to explore the realms of expression, imagination, and creation resulting in new knowledge. There, every individual should be guaranteed the opportunity to learn and share in music experience.
- As its guiding principle, the FSMA further believes that music holds a unique place in human existence and touches our lives in ways that no other experience can.
- We believe that because of its special qualities, music is clearly justified in assuming a prominent role in the school curriculum, both as an academic and an artistic discipline, yet the study and learning of music is enhanced by student participation in various activities and experiences that take place outside, or as an extension of the normal school day.
- The mission of the FSMA is to provide leadership and services to students in school music programs, support quality music education experiences, encourage life-long involvement in music, and protect the safety and best interests of our students and music.
- The FSMA provides opportunities for realistic and constructive program evaluation through the sponsorship of solo-ensemble and large group music performance assessments.